The EOD Market Journal is my daily take on the market. I make zero trade decisions without analysis of the entire market that I feel is relevant to my systems. I will use this blog post to make a legend for all of the columns you see. Click here for information on the symbols included.
The coloring is brightest among the largest of the deviants.
Columns in order are:
- CURRENT PRICE
- CHANGE IN PRICE TODAY
- % CHANGE IN PRICE TODAY
- PERCENTILE WITHIN TODAY’S RANGE
- PERCENTILE IN 52 WEEK RANGE
- PROPRIETARY STRENGTH METER
- FORMER METER CARRIED FROM BEFORE (SHOWN RESET FOR NEXT DAY)
- CHANGE IN METER
- PROPRIETARY STRENGTH SCORE
- FORMER SCORE CARRIED FROM BEFORE (SHOWN RESET FOR NEXT DAY)
- CHANGE IN SCORE
Then, also offered in the analysis are trading ideas.
- TOP: AVG, MID, HI/LO OF DEVIANCE (MARKET DEVIANCE RANGE)
- OVERALL STRENGTH (STRENGTH METER RANKING)
- % CHANGE (TODAY’S MOVERS)
- %IN DAY RANGE (PRICE RANGE BREAK HUNTER)
- %IN 52W RANGE (PRICE RANGE BREAK HUNTER)
- VALUE IN TREND (BULLISH OR BEARISH BUT WELL WITHIN MARKET DEVIATION RANGE)
- SWITCHING TREND (OSCILLATION HUNTER)
- EMA DEVIANCE (4H CHART OVERAGE HUNTER)
- NEAR DEVIATION FROM FAR (MOMENTUM OF NEWEST TREND)
- NEAR-TERM VS S&P (SYMBOL’S DEVIATION BETA TO SPY’s DEVIATION)
I have used this system in various forms for years and since before I started using real money using simulation. I used to trade with a program called Strategy Desk, and if you are familiar with it, I have basically recreated the steroidal version! This rendition began in 2014, and I am at version 7.0. I couldn’t be happier with the testing data and real results I have trading the system, of which I will eventually share on this website.